Mobile World Congress (MWC), the world’s largest annual mobile conference that draws some 80,000 in attendance from over 200 countries will host the first IoT Stars event next Monday at the Agbar Tower in Barcelona, Spain.
IoT Stars is a startup pitching event for Internet of Things startups during the Mobile World Congress 2015. 15 innovative IoT startups will pitch to a top-notch jury. After the contest, the evening will be followed by a networking cocktail with titans of industries, VCs, angels, entrepreneurs, and developers.
Participating Early Stage Startups
- Oasys – Barcelona, Spain
- Noki Home Solutions – Graz, Austria
- Imagimob – Stockholm, Sweden
- LeeLuu – Helsinki, Finland
- Ledmotive Technologies – Barcelona, Spain
- Natural Machines – Barcelona, Spain
- Zipurb – Walnut, CA, USA
- eCozy – Munich, Germany
- Bastille – Atlanta, GA, USA
- Waylay – Ghent, Belgium
Early Stage Jury
- Anastasia Emmanuel, UK Hardware, Technology & Design lead at Indiegogo
- Bill Pearson, Head of Intel’s Internet of Things Developer Program
- Kwame Ferreira, Founder and CEO, Kwamecorp
- Robin Wauters, Founder & Editor, Tech.eu
- Redg Snodgrass, CEO, Wearable World
Participating Series A Startups
- Contentful – Berlin, Germany
- Avegant – San Francisco, CA, USA
- Sentiance – Antwerp, Belgium
- ambiotex – Mainz, Germany
Series A Jury
- Reshma Sohini, Partner and co-founder of Seedcamp
- Benedict Evans, Partner a16z.com
- Arturo Quinones, Business Development at Aqualogy
- Cedric Giorgi, Head of Startup Relations at SIGFOX
- Rob van Kranenburg, Founder, IoT Council
IoT Stars Program Schedule
- 6:00pm – Door opens for registration
- 7:00pm – Welcome and introduction to the IoT Stars by Marc & Rudy
- 7:05pm – Early Stage pitches with jury Q&A
- 8:05pm – Sponsor presentation
- 8:10pm – Series A pitches with jury Q&A
- 8:50pm – Sponsor presentation
- 8:55pm – Announcement of the winners
- 9:00pm – Tapas, drinks & networking
- 10:00pm – Closing
Amyx+ will be onsite at MWC 2015 Barcelona, representing wearables and IoT from San Francisco and NYC.
About IoT Stars 2015
IoT Stars is a startup pitching event for Internet of Things startups during the Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona. 15 startups will be pitching in front of a top-notch jury at the emblematic Agbar Tower in Barcelona on Monday, March 2, 2015. It’s a unique opportunity to meet and network with C-level industry leaders, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, investors, press & media working in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem.
About Mobile World Congress 2015
The Mobile World Congress is a combination of the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry and a conference featuring prominent executives representing mobile operators, device manufacturers, technology providers, vendors and content owners from across the world.
MWC attendees can take advantage of the many components that make up the industry-leading event:
- A world-class thought-leadership conference featuring visionary keynotes and panel discussions
- A cutting-edge product and technology exhibition featuring more than 1,900 exhibitors
- The world’s best venue for seeking industry opportunities, making deals, and networking
- App Planet, the Centre of the Mobile Apps Universe, where the mobile app community gathers to learn, network and engage with innovators
- Global Mobile Awards programme, where we recognise industry innovation and achievements
- And, all MWC pass holders can attend 4YFN, an event focused on startups, corporations, and investors
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
Originally published on the Examiner on February 26, 2015. Author Scott Amyx.
Achieve IoT Success
We understand the challenge of transforming an organization to embrace the Internet of Things. Let us help you increase your probability of success.
Contact Amyx+ for a free initial consultation.
About Amyx+ IoT Business Transformation | Strategy | Innovation | Product | Data Analytics
- Voted Top IoT Influencer by Skyhook
- Voted Top IoT Rockstar by HP Enterprise
- Voted Top IoT Influencer by Inc. Magazine
- Voted Top in the Business of IoT by Relayr
- Voted Top Global IoT Expert by Postscapes
- Voted Top IoT Authority by the Internet of Things Institute
- Featured as a Top Internet of Things Company by Postscapes
- Voted Most Influential in Smart Cities and IIoT by Right Relevance
- Winner of the Cloud & DevOps World Award for Most Innovative Vendor
Amyx+ is an award-winning IoT business transformation firm specializing in IoT strategy, innovation & product development. As a thought leader in the Internet of Things, Amyx+ has the creative horsepower and the development prowess to execute even the most complex client engagements. Amyx+ is working with international and multinational enterprises to help 1) understand the impact of IoT disruptions, 2) formulate and sharpen their IoT strategy, 3) quantify the business case, 4) experiment, learn, validate, 5) develop game changing technologies, and 6) launch innovative IoT products and services worldwide. We employ a flexible methodology and approach to fit the client and needs & objectives while adapting to changing IoT environments. We have presence in San Francisco, NYC, and throughout Europe.